It’s a dangerous world these days and nothing underlines that more than the recent headline.
· Consider the fact that North Korea has a long range missile on the launching pad and has promised to resume their nuclear activities if anyone interferes with their upcoming launch.
· Iran continues on its merry way to regional war by continuing to develop its nuclear program which seems to have prompted the Israeli People to elect a much more right wing government who is certain to attack Iran this year. The Bible suggests that Iran will one day join a coalition of nations led by Russia against Israel touching off the war of Armageddon. (Were it not for Russian assistance the Iranians would not be anywhere close to where they currently are on the development of nuclear weapons.)
· Russia has increased its funding for the military even as its economy goes down the drain with plummeting oil prices. They claim it’s a response to NATO expansionism and the deployment of an anti missile shield to Europe. The Bible calls Russia Gog and says that will lead a coalition against Israel in the last days touching off the war of Armageddon.
· China has recently hassled our warships in the sea of Japan and the Pentagon has released a report chronicling their MASSIVE MILLITARY BUILDUP and openly questioned their intentions. This report enraged the Chinese whose military might seems designed to challenge the United States for world dominance. The bible indicates that a third of mankind will be wiped out by the “kings of the east” and most scholars agree that china would definitely be included in that description.
· Russia has announced that they will form a division of their military whose mission will be to guard the oil recourses they’ve recently claimed in the arctic.
· Obama has announced cuts in military spending with the intention of adding substantially to those cuts with “reforms” that would save even more money. The United States is not mentioned by name in the Bible and leadership of the western world is held by Europe not the USA.
· There is growing civil unrest around the globe due to the world economic crisis. Even nations like Great Briton are courting insolvency underlined by their recent bond offering that failed and with the 30% drop in the British Pound.
· President Obama has expressed willingness to trade away missile defense for Russian influence with Iran in an attempt to halt their progress toward a viable nuclear weapon. It’s largely regarded as too little too late.
· Security for the G20 summit is at issue as the people of Europe have not been shy about expressing their displeasure at the state of the world’s finances. Violence is expected at the G20 summit in London nest week and there’s a high possibility of a Terrorist Event as well. The British are one level below “Imminent attack Expected”
· The Situation in the Nuclear Armed Islamic State of Pakistan continues to degenerate as the weak government fights for survival and as the extremist elements become more powerful. Nuclear Armed India watches nervously as the government of their traditional foe spirals more out of control; the Mumbai Massacres still fresh in their minds.
· The Mexican Border is increasingly violent and the CIA thinks Mexico may collapse entirely creating a major problem on our southern border. Mexico may well become a failed state with untold consequences to the USA